Website By Light Professional IT Services
Lighting the Path
This position is located in Asheville, NC at the Veterans Affairs’ Mid-Atlantic Consolidated Patient Account Center (CPAC) in the Office of Information Technology (OI&T). The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the local Supervisory IT Specialist and performs technical phone, email, and trouble ticket support as part of a service desk team that supports approximately 3500 users nationwide.
- Input customer issues into ticketing system, accurately interpreting issue and routing the ticket to the proper IT services queue.
- Provide customer support via telephone, email, and tickets to resolve user machine issues, Microsoft Office, internal application, and system access issues.
- Use trouble ticketing system effectively to track, update, diagnose and/or resolve incidents reported by the customer (CA Service Desk Manager (SDM))
- Escalate high-priority incidents to the Lead or Supervisory IT Specialist and management as appropriate via the ticketing system, email, phone or other means as needed;
- Assist customers with remote access issues dealing with Citrix Access Gateway (CAG) including CAG desktops and CAG published applications.
- Create and maintain user accounts for Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and other applications, as required.
- Interact with national CPAC technical support team to resolve user application and equipment issues, as required.
- Remain current with changing IT technologies via sponsored VA training and/or through personal education.
Required Experience / Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior customer service experience
- Good attention to detail
- Be able to pass background check for high government clearance
NOTE: Employee must be capable of lifting, transporting for short distance, and placing equipment with weight up to 50 lbs. Employee also must be able to maneuver within tight spaces to interconnect cabling as required.
Preferred Experience / Qualifications
- College degree
- Prior customer service experience on an IT help desk
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.bylight.com/careers/ →