Locus Technologies— a leading provider of enterprise cloud computing software (SaaS) for environmental, air, water, energy, and sustainability information management— is seeking a talented, detail-oriented front-end web developer to create, maintain, and enhance the user interface of Locus products.
This is a part-to-full-time contract position, with the intention of becoming a salaried position for the right person. This is an in-office position; remote applicants will NOT be considered.
Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- Work together with designers to establish and enforce UI design standards – continue building and supporting a living pattern library for use by other developers.
- Advise and support other developers in implementing design changes or fixing UI/UX issues.
- Ensure all changes work visually and functionally across multiple browsers.
- Write testing instructions and other documentation when needed to support front-end changes.
- Participate in discussions with team members about technical best practices and work together to identify optimal technical solutions.
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Experience working with (or around) a scripting or markup language or technology such as PHP, JSP, or ColdFusion/CFML— as well as a basic understanding of how these languages interface with SQL and databases
- Experience using a CSS preprocessor such as LESS or Sass
- Experience with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Knowledge of a code version control platform such as Git or Subversion
- Experience working with dynamic web applications
- Familiarity with accessibility best practices
- Excellent skills in English language (including grammar and spelling)
- Strong critical thinking and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks with different deadlines, while retaining high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a cross-department team
- Experienced with Microsoft programs (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
Additional helpful skills & knowledge (not required):
- Experience using or building pattern libraries as part of a development team
- Familiarity with Agile project management methodology
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, interaction design, or other related field
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://locustec.com/position/front-end-developer-3510-12/ →