WHO WE ARE:
DigitalChalk is an Asheville based innovative software company that is leading the way in the eLearning industry. Our clients range from digital entrepreneurs to SMBs and Mid-Market organizations that rely on our solutions to generate revenue, mitigate risk, increase employee productivity, and train top talent. While many of our team members work remotely, this specific position will require you to work on site at our headquarters office located in the Asheville/Biltmore Park area. We invite you to visit our website at: https://www.digitalchalk.com for additional details about our amazing company.
We are looking for a full-time Software Engineer to join our team that is interested in building software products that are used by millions of people around the world. As a developer at DigitalChalk, you will have the opportunity to build full-stack features on a rapidly growing application. Our engineers work in teams and individually on projects that range from a couple of days to a couple of months.
Our ideal candidate is a team player, tenacious, coachable and a self-starter that seeks a fast paced professional career and is guided by a strong moral compass.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strong experience with designing and developing software systems in Java
- Intermediate knowledge and familiarity developing on the Spring Framework and with other Spring projects
- Comfortable working with and developing REST web services and APIs
- Strong communication skills with the ability to write technical documentation and share project results to internal and external audiences
- Ability to work independently
- Creative problem solver
- Familiar with building applications using Amazon Web Services as a platform for delivery
- A strong understanding of working in Linux environments
- BS degree or greater in computer science or a related field
- Comfortable with SQL based relational databases
- Experience with automation/configuration management
- Experience with version control systems, specifically Git
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with devops engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware (physical and virtualized) and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Consults with customers concerning maintenance and enhancements of software systems.
- Protects operations by keeping all research and development activities confidential.
- Participates in team activities by timely and thorough documentation of tasks and updating development timelines and documents.
- Looks for opportunities to improve the performance or functioning of software systems.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying system flow, data usage and work processes.
- Coordinates installation of software systems
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send a resume with cover letter to email@example.com and include Software Engineer in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org