Software Product Owner
Dorel is a global manufacturer of consumer products (Furniture, Juvenile and Cycling) with revenues in excess of $2 billion. We are currently seeking an experienced Software Product Owner to assist in the development and maintenance of our proprietary ecommerce solutions. This position will be located on site at our Web Development & Business Intelligence department located in the heart of downtown Asheville, NC. This position will be an embedded member of our team with a wide range of responsibilities focused primarily on supporting our Direct to Consumer E-Commerce Sales team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is eager to learn emerging technologies, work with people around the globe, and have a direct hand in designing software solutions that increase sales and efficiencies – while working in a small team environment located in the heart of downtown Asheville.
Dorel Home is looking for a motivated Software Product Owner to advance and oversee custom and third party technology solutions primarily focused on direct to consumer and marketplace sales. This position will utilize a multitude of your skills, including:
- Product Ownership – Generating requirements for new software development projects and facilitating change management as needed.
- Project Management – Managing project scope, identifying and communicating with stakeholders, and ensuring on time delivery utilizing engineering as well as technical and business resources across the globe.
- Business Analysis–
- Designing solutions for and conduct data-driven analysis of the Direct Sales technology stack and performance.
- Conducting data-driven analysis of the Direct Sales business and providing actionable data and insights to Dorel’s Direct to Consumer team
This role will have direct interactions working with end users, from top-level executives to front line workers, in the emerging field of eCommerce sales.
The right candidate will have a strong technical and analytical background, a passion for utilizing software to improve processes, and relevant experience in product and project management. A background working in a sales environment (esp. eCommerce) would be beneficial but is not required.
If this sounds like you, and you have a love for learning, a passion for your work, and want to be a part of a challenging team, we’d love to meet you.
- Act as the reference for not only product ownership (tech stack), but also the reference for related business processes that may improve or break down applications related to eCommerce sales
- Consult with users across the company to gather requirements and solicit user feedback
- Gather detailed business requirements & develop user stories
- Work with engineering resources and project management to breakdown work and coordinate necessary resources
- Support our Direct to Consumer E-commerce Sales team by answering questions, making recommendations and providing a transparent view of priorities and progress
- Conduct and deliver strategic analysis of the effectiveness of software solutions as well as the overall performance of daily D2C sales
- Facilitate troubleshooting and resolution of daily issues for our direct to consumer solution to ensure the continual flow of online sales, including but not limited to, order flow sales blockers, data capture breaks, inventory feed issues, and more.
- Conduct user training when necessary
- Work well in a team environment to manage project workload and to facilitate the delivery of projects.
- Work closely with internal team members as well as other technical resources to communicate requirements
- Track and identify the source of software interaction problems and ensures their resolution in a timely manner
- Serve as an ambassador for Dorel Home’s software solutions – promoting their adoption as a solution when appropriate
- Perform QA testing and facilitate User Acceptance Testing when necessary of all software related to D2C efforts prior to delivery
Comply with project and coding standards and processes as determined by the management team
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner/Project Manager/Business Analyst or in a similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field preferred
- Experience guiding the creation of new software features within a corporate environment
- Experience with project management/issue tracking software – Atlassian/Jira experience a plus
- Knowledge of the basic tenets of Web Software development – Previous engineering experience a plus
- Knowledge of database structure and best practices – SQL experience a plus
- Experience with Qlik or similar Data Visualization tool a plus (ie, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience as a project leader
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills; with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – including the ability to work with novice users to design, implement, and maintain software projects; ability to interact at Officer level; ability to negotiate and persuade
- Ability to work with employees throughout the company to quickly understand scope requirements and proposed architecture and solutions
- Ability to effectively define, estimate, and execute technical projects
- Ability to accept suggestions for improvement and willingness to stay on task until the job is done
- Strong drive towards execution; can-do type of person and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Innate curiosity and desire to learn and explore new emerging technologies –there will be significant opportunity to learn about the ever-changing field of eCommerce sales
This position is located in Asheville, NC. Employee must be on site regularly.
To apply for this job please visit www.thegravityapp.com.