Website Epsilon, Inc
Security Clearance required: Must be able to pass a Government Background Check and obtain a Public Trust
US Citizenship Required
Location: Asheville, NC
Position Summary: This position is part of a 4-person team in support of Drought.gov, a part of the National Integrated Drought Information System (NIDIS), located at National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) in Asheville NC. Drought.gov is the public face of NIDIS and serves as a clearinghouse for drought products, forecasts, services, and information at the state, regional, national, and global levels. The team is split with 2 front-end development positions (where 1 Drupal vacancy exists) and 2 back-end GIS / Python / development positions.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Drupal 8 (both Site Builder and Developer experience)
- GIT (creating patch files and resolving merge-conflicts)
- Symfony 4 (or at least experience with an OOP framework)
- PHP (preferably 7+)
- Designing and Building APIs
- HTML / CSS
- Website Accessibility Compliance
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Previous experience with Docker and Rancher tools
- Previous experience with Unix/Linux command-line and bash shell
- Comfort with editing files from the command line with tools such as vim or emacs
- Previous experience with User Experience Testing
- Familiarity with Leaflet and OpenLayers
Additional tools used by team:
- Shared external development servers (command line only)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
To apply for this job please visit www.epsilon-inc.com.