Website Genova Diagnostics
Advanced Clinical Laboratory Solutions
Work Hours: 8:00am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday
Company Mission: To be the best provider of comprehensive and innovative clinical laboratory services for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of complex chronic disease.
Company Vision: The Genova Diagnostics team will improve the lives and well-being of patients by bringing insights to the complexity of health.
The IT Help Desk Technician maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals, networks, and telephone systems. Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups. He/she responds as directed to requests for assistance with computer problems made by the company’s employee base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Following IT guidelines and procedures, and the specific direction of the Helpdesk Supervisor faithfully and accurately.
- System software configuration and maintenance, as required to facilitate change and implement new processes, procedures, and technologies, or to accommodate growth.
- Supporting the IT help desk by responding to requests from staff for help with computers, networks, and telephone systems within the limits of company policy and departmental direction. This may extend to customer support for IT services that extend to customers. Includes responsibility for the overall satisfaction of the customer or staff member who placed the request. Quality work is fundamental to success in this regard.
- Computer system upgrade activities required to meet company or departmental objectives.
- Contributing to the development of improved policies and procedures for routine work, as well as creative solutions to new problems.
- Account management as directed by company policy in the event of employee turnover or transfer, as requested by relevant HR or supervisory personnel.
- Management of specific systems designed to support company initiatives.
Works under the direct supervision of the Helpdesk Supervisor, closely with all Management Information Services personnel, and software development personnel. May work directly with any GDX employee or customer during the handling of a help desk request, and afterward to ensure satisfaction.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but works closely with all departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Candidates must have the following skills and attributes: ability to work with minimal supervision; good general communication skills, organizational skills and overall dependability; and a strong ability to research and troubleshoot problems. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
This position requires an Associate’s degree in a computer or information technology discipline, or equivalent industry experience and demonstrable technical skill.
To perform this job successfully candidates must have at least one year of experience in computer systems administration on supported client operating systems (Windows).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job while wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. On occasion the individual may be called upon to handle biological specimens. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position may require occasional travel to a customer’s offices or training. Requires participation in an engineering on-call rotation program. When on-call, the Help Desk Technician will carry a company-provided cellular telephone and respond to requests for help, regardless of the time of day. This position requires occasional participation in after-hours (late night, early morning) computer system maintenance operations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Microsoft Office – Advanced
- Customer Service – Intermediate
- Computer Systems – Intermediate
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Associates or better in Computer Science.
- 1 year: computer systems administration (Windows)
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.