Website Genova Diagnostics
To be the best provider of comprehensive and innovative clinical
Company Mission: To be the best provider of comprehensive and innovative clinical laboratory services for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of complex chronic disease
Company Vision: The Genova Diagnostics team will improve the lives and well-being of patients by bringing insights to the complexity of health.
The Network Engineer is accountable for maintenance and upgrades to Genova’s multi-site network and phone environment. He or she is responsible for identifying network and system requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance, designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting Genova’s network and phone environment. Designs and configures LANs, WANs, WLANs. Internet and intranet systems, and network segments. This position requires participation in an engineering on-call rotation program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Establishes network specifications; analyzes workflow, access, information, and security requirements; performs switch and router administration, including interface and routing protocols configuration.
- Evaluates network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; plans and executes the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defines network policies and procedures; establishes VPN connections and administers firewalls.
- Monitors networks to ensure security and availability; secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintains documentation.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Responds to requests for support when escalated, with the approval and support of an immediate supervisor.
- Participates in departmental activities and contributes to collaborative design and implementation decision-making efforts.
- Meets assigned deadlines and milestones.
- Works well in a team oriented environment.
- Works closely with other IT staff and immediate supervisors. Collaborates with company leaders and subject-matter experts in other departments to resolve questions and problems.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but works closely with all departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Candidates must have the following skills and attributes: good overall communication and organization skills; adept at logic; can relate complex concepts and ideas in simple terms, to non-technical personnel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
This position requires a BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, a candidate must have a thorough understanding of network protocols and communication (especially TCP/IP) and extensive troubleshooting experience. Will need to be knowledgeable and experienced with (Cisco) switch, router, firewall and VPN administration. NAT, VLAN configuration, wireless networking, Wireshark and packet captures, DNS. SD-WAN (VeloCloud) and VoIP phone systems including SIP and SBC’s. Knowledge of computer operating systems used at Genova (Windows, Linux and MacOS) and hardware, software and web technologies is desirable. Strong understanding of information security concepts, methodologies and best practices required. CCNA or CCNP certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job while wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. On occasion the individual may be called upon to handle biological specimens. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Occasional travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Bachelors or better.
- Thorough understanding of network protocols and communication (especially TCP/IP) and extensive troubleshooting experience.
- Strong understanding of information security concepts, methodologies and best practices.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems (Windows, Linux and MacOS) and hardware, software and web technologies
- Experienced with (Cisco) switch, router, firewall and VPN administration. NAT, VLAN configuration, wireless networking, Wireshark and packet captures, DNS. SD-WAN (VeloCloud) and VoIP phone systems including SIP and SBC’s.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.