Website Genova Diagnostics
Advanced Clinical Laboratory Solutions
The Software Developer designs, implements, tests, maintains and supports software applications. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures for software development. He/she relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Assists with IT Help Desk requests as necessary and participates in the IT On-Call rotation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain Genova software applications for mission-critical systems while delivering high-availability and performance under limited direction and oversight.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Respond to requests for support when escalated, with the approval and support of an immediate supervisor.
- Participates in departmental activities and contributes to collaborative design and implementation decision-making efforts.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, testing, and certification of software.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Meets assigned deadlines and milestones.
- Works closely with other software development staff and immediate supervisors.
- Collaborates with company leaders and subject-matter experts in other departments to resolve questions and problems.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but works closely with all departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Candidates must have the following skills and attributes: good overall communication and organization skills; adept at logic; can relate complex concepts and ideas in simple terms, to non-technical personnel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
This position requires a BS/CS degree or a BS degree in an equivalent field (e.g. mathematics or engineering).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job while wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. On occasion the individual may be called upon to handle biological specimens. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Occasional travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
- 2 years: JAVA/SQL
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.