Website Genova Diagnostics
To be the best provider of comprehensive and innovative clinical
The Systems Administrator performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Advanced support for computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals, networks, and telephone systems. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. He/she is responsible for vendor contact for purchasing, support contracts, and new system setup. Advanced support for laboratory information system. Assist with creation of corporate policy and procedures. Design, test, and execute new system installation and maintenance. This position is responsible for protection and security of company assets and information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow IT policies, procedures, and guidelines under the direction of the Senior IT Manger faithfully and accurately.
- System software configuration and maintenance, as required to facilitate change and implement new processes, procedures, and technologies, or to accommodate growth.
- Proactively monitoring and managing computer systems and networks, to prevent overload or failure, and/or to address chronic underloading.
- Supporting the IT help desk by responding to requests from GDX staff for help with computers, networks, and telephone systems within the limits of company policy and departmental direction. This may extend to customer support for IT services that extend to GDX customers. Includes responsibility for the overall satisfaction of the customer or GDX staff member who placed the request. Quality work is fundamental to success in this regard.
- Computer system maintenance activities necessitated by the establish maintenance calendar, new proactive maintenance plans, or emergency maintenance necessitated by system failure or imminent system failure.
- Computer system upgrade activities required to meet company or departmental objectives.
- Account management as directed by company policy in the event of employee turnover or transfer, as requested by relevant HR or supervisory personnel.
- Design, testing, implementation, and maintenance of new systems to support company or departmental goals or objectives.
- Contributing to the development of improved policies and procedures for routine work, as well as creative solutions to new problems.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Senior IT Manager and closely with all Information Technology personnel. May work directly with any GDX employee or customer during the handling of a help desk request, and afterward to ensure satisfaction.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but requires close contact with all departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Candidates must have the following skills and attributes: ability to work with minimal supervision; good general communication skills, organizational skills, and overall dependability; and a strong ability to research and troubleshoot problems. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
This position requires a BS/CS degree or a BS degree in a similar field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully candidates must have at least 2 years experience in computer systems administration on the relevant operating systems (Unix, Linux, Windows, Virtual Environments, Cisco IOS).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job while wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. On occasion the individual may be called upon to handle biological specimens. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position may require occasional travel to a customer’s offices or training. Requires participation in an engineering on-call rotation program. When on-call, the System Administrator will carry a company-provided cellular telephone and respond to requests for help, regardless of the time of day. Requires participation in after-hours (late night, early morning) computer system maintenance operations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred CISCO Advanced
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Bachelors of Science or better
2 years: Experience in computer systems administration on the relevant operating systems (Unix, Linux, Windows, Virtual Environments, Cisco IOS).
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.