Website Locus technologies
Locus Technologies (www.locustec.com) has an immediate opening in our Asheville, NC office for a talented, energetic environmental scientist with strong database skills to support Locus’ environmental software and services. This position is the opportunity to combine your passion for the environment with cutting-edge technology.
The successful candidate will help support Locus’ environmental software customers and have a wide range of duties. The ideal candidate would have experience with environmental data and be adept with relational databases. This position is perfect for environmental graduates with a passion for databases and computer software systems, and is a unique opportunity to combine environmental and technology skills in a dynamic and growing environment.
An Environmental Scientist I shall be capable of adequately executing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide direct support to Locus software customers, as part of our support team.
- Prepare documentation for environmental software applications.
- Implement testing plans for environmental software applications.
- Prepare draft specifications for software enhancements.
- Review, interpret, evaluate and perform quality assurance/quality control of site data.
- Assist in proposal work, e.g., preparation of specific chapters and/or sections, costs, tables, etc.
- Work independently on smaller projects with periodic review by management for application of sound judgment.
- Any additional relevant duties, as assigned
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org