The GitPrime Team
Now a part of Pluralsight, GitPrime is a rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service platform that generates data-driven performance metrics for software engineering. Prior to joining Pluralsight, GitPrime was recognized as the Number 2 best company to work in Colorado 2019. We report on the work patterns and the people-side of software development so engineering leaders can advocate for resources and demonstrate that they’re driving business value based on objective data. We have strong product-market fit with hundreds of happy customers and we are growing rapidly.
Working for Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos, or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
This is a high-quality opportunity for an ambitious programmer who wants to focus a career trajectory in the industry. Our stack is React, Python/Django, and Postgres on AWS. We are looking for very strong app dev with impressive backend Python skills. When we say “app dev with backend Python skills” we mean you’ve written hundreds of thousands of lines of complex Python code over the years in a deployed application used by thousands of end users, not a few dozen deployment scripts used by other engineers on your team. There will be lots of ORM work and lots of complex business logic.
Who you’re committed to being:
- A fulfiller of industry standard duties of a dev: write code, test code, review code, do tickets. Then get it live.
- An accountable team member for generally short but impactful meetings and scrums. Stand-ups at least once a week, some communications nearly every day.
- A travel flexible dev, as some travel may be involved for trips to Durango, CO and/or metro Salt Lake City, Utah, even though the work is inherently remote (if you want to be in SLC, that can be arranged).
- A full-time worker, with appropriate allowances for life’s processes.
What you’ll own:
- Continual improvement – you will be expected to take time to “sharpen the saw” and adjust how you work as you learn more.
- Continuous Delivery – teams independently ship code to prod every day and your role on that delivery will be a top priority.
- Customer research – we build what our customers actually want, so your understanding and execution of articulated goals is imperative to the work you will create
- Applying your experience in making intelligent, forward-thinking, technical decisions to our development process, including implementing new standards, tools, APIs, and workflows.
Experience you’ll need:
- Prior experience building software for high traffic platforms, using languages such as Python, but not necessarily limited to that language.
- Experience with web frameworks and APIs (e.g. Django or other MVC architectures)
- Developing a back-end product that fully integrates with ReactJS for superior quality UI/frontend experience.
- Understanding of relational databases, and other types of data stores
- Significant experience with ReactJS is a must
- AWS DevOps and networking experience is a bonus
- Experience with automated and unit testing
- Experience with microservices architecture a plus
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.