The GitPrime Team
Now a part of Pluralsight, GitPrime is a rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service platform that generates data-driven performance metrics for software engineering. Prior to joining Pluralsight, GitPrime was recognized as the Number 2 best company to work in Colorado 2019.
We report on the work patterns and the people-side of software development so engineering leaders can advocate for resources and demonstrate that they’re driving business value based on objective data. We have strong product-market fit with hundreds of happy customers and we are growing rapidly.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos, or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Pluralsight proudly creates the creators of tomorrow: the people who develop the technology that lifts the human condition. We do this through the tech industry’s leading learning platform for serious Developer, IT and Creative professionals. Our team of 700+ innovators and disruptors are serving 3.8 million users in 150+ countries to conquer the tech skills gap.
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced, mid-level, front-end programmer. Our stack: React, Python/Django, Postgres on AWS. We are looking for very strong front-end React.js skills. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on multiple layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
Who You Are
If you are somebody who identifies with these attributes, abilities, and experiences, you’re likely a great fit:
- Shared vision – you are inspired by our team charter and envision an opportunity to contribute to it
- Experienced – have 5+ recent years of frontend development work and a great portfolio
- Frontend focus – identify as a frontend dev who also has some backend skills
- Independent – find high-value things to do and do them; are not paralyzed without guidance; can work without a project manager
- Collaborative – give and take criticism and praise well, work with your team as a whole
- Systems thinker – consider broad architectural implications in solutions
- Distributed – comfortable building long-distance relationships with distributed team members; are a proactive collaborator
- Communicator – are articulate; ok with meetings; write docs; have the heart of a teacher
- Explorative – try new things; track the state of the art; are self-motivated to try new experiments
What you’ll own
This is a standard software development job, so all the usual duties apply: write code, test code, review code, do tickets, occasional meetings for requirements (we keep it really light), and provide input on new product specifications. The basic job is: develop user-facing features, build reusable components and front-end libraries, translate designs and wireframes into high quality code, repeat. Your familiarity with RESTful APIs and code versioning tools – particularly Git will be crucial! Demonstrated ability to optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers will also be a necessity in this position.
Experience you’ll need
- At least 3 years of commercial (read: daily, hands-in-the-code on platforms with thousands of users) experience developing in React.js.
- A strong understanding of user research and human-centered design
- An analytical approach to testing new features
- Strong communication skills. Demonstrated ability to speak on a technical level and communicate clearly with team members
- BS degree in Computer Science required. And while a Master’s degree is not required, appropriate and high-level work history that can map over to Master’s level work is
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.