Meet the Geeks is excited to offer a new series of classes for local businesses that may not have the budget for an IT shop but still need to understand IT solutions and options.
Classes will run May through October and be held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at Lenoir-Rhyne Center for Graduate Studies from 4:45 – 6:00 pm. We are seeking speakers on the following topics.
- Security-What should businesses consider when it comes to technology, strategy, and policy around information security?
- Vendor Support Models-What options are out there for small businesses: managed services provider vs. technical staffing services vs. break/fix?
- Cloud-What cloud “as a service” offerings exist when it comes to storage, email, backup, applications, etc?
- Internet Presence-What should businesses consider when it comes to website development and hosting, Google places and comparable, etc?
- Search Engine Optimization-How can businesses best use online marketing and ads, social media, etc to their advantage?
Please see our Speaker Guidelines for more information on class expectations and write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in being a presenter.